EU

Tuesday, April 01, 2008


LETTERMAN TO POUNCE ON LENO'S GAY BAITING JOKES TO RYAN PHILLIPPE.

"In talking about Ryan's first role, I realize that what I said came
out wrong," said top late-night talk show host Jay Leno, after a series of gay jokes about recently divorced, Ryan Phillippe's first acting gig as "the first gay teen on a Soap Opera."

Leno continues: "I certainly didn't mean any malice. I agree it was a dumb
thing to say, and I apologize."

Seven days ago, Leno dared the Gosford Park thespian- to give the camera "his gayest look" as the man ripped from Reese Witherspoon's loins stated- "Wow, That is so something I don't want to do." When Leno continued, the Cruel Intentions star threatened to bolt the show on the air, if he continued.

The gay advocacy group GLADD took NBC's #1 host to task. GLAAD President Neil G. Giuliano proclaimed ,"Under the guise of comedy, the talk-show host is demonstrating a lack of respect for the gay community and insensitivity to both his
co-workers and the audience, to whom he owes an apology." "We are proud of Ryan for refusing to participate in Leno's thoughtless attempt at humor,"

No comments:

Later.